Friday, August 13, 2010

So, on Sunday I will start shooting the fifth film/third short in my Production Management portfolio. (For the record, the first two were features, and then a string of three shorts.) Each one is, in fact, paying a bit more than the previous, so it seems to be heading in the right direction.

And number one is on IMDb! It is called "Bad to the Bone", and there I am, listed as Production Manager! If you aren't quite sure what that entails, you can click on my job title, and IMDb has definitions. Very handy. I finally found out, for instance, that Production Managers are in the Producer camp. That's okay! I'll head that way.

Feature number two has some pickup shooting days tentatively scheduled, and also some additional scenes that were written after the end of principle shooting; they haven't even been scheduled yet. So it is unlikely that it will hit IMDb for a while. I think you have to be further along, but I don't know for sure, yet.

The three shorts are all student projects for people from the Motion Picture Institute of Michigan. MPI teaches their students the big picture of making films; often, it seems, that means they miss some of the small but important details of how to do the jobs required to make a film. MPI has been around for a while, so the students have managed fine over the years, but the current batch are finding it FAR easier to get things done by hiring students from Lifton Institute for Media Skills. Like me!

Enough of this silly blogging (for now)! I've got WORK to do!

No comments: